By Joan Hannant, Founder & CEO of The Soma Institute
Massage therapy can be an incredibly rewarding career that offers several benefits, like a flexible schedule and the ability to help people with your work.
To become a massage therapist, you must enroll in a massage therapy program that's taught by industry experts to acquire the essential knowledge and skills. Let's find out how to choose a massage therapy school and get your exciting new career underway.
How to Choose a Massage Therapy School
Your future as a successful massage therapist depends on choosing the right institute. Typically, a school for massage therapy provides the essential knowledge and skills needed to kickstart a successful career as a therapist.
Here are a few things you should consider before choosing a massage therapy school:
- Check if the program is accredited. It is recommended that a massage therapy school is accredited and licensed to receive a high-quality education experience.
- Go through the curriculum structure and teaching method beforehand to become familiar with the process and the types of massage you'll be learning and performing.
- Ensure the program provides hands-on training as part of its curriculum.
- Check the requirements and length of the course.
- Explore the various specializations and training courses.
An institute that checks all of these boxes is The Soma Institute, an incredible massage therapy school offering diverse, high-quality courses and benefits like financial aid, for those who qualify.
Why Choose The Soma Institute?
As a massage therapist, you must have the knowledge and skills to assess patients' needs and offer them proper treatment. The Soma Institute offers in-depth theoretical knowledge with practical sessions to help students become well-rounded therapists.
We offer a diploma in clinical massage therapy, where classes are conducted by licensed massage therapist, ensuring the highest-quality education. We also provide financial aid, for those who qualify.
Contact The Soma Institute today if you wish to become a massage therapist and learn more about our massage therapy program.