Exercise with Massage Treatment
Exercise: Better with Massage
Massage therapy has become an increasing part of an athlete’s training routine. In order to stay in peak condition and enhance their performance, many athletes have used massage therapy to treat and prevent injury and improve muscle conditioning.
According to the American Massage Therapy Association, combining exercise with regular massage treatment will enable athletes to train longer and harder, making the most of their workouts. Whether you’re a beginner athlete or a professional, taking care of your body with massage therapy has a myriad of positive effects. Take a look at the list below.
- Reducing muscle tension
- Helping athletes monitor muscle tone
- Increasing range of motion
- Improving soft tissue function
- Decreasing muscle stiffness and fatigue after exercise
- Reducing swelling
- Reducing breathing pattern disorders
- Helping prevent injuries